FameCast.com Holds $10,000 Spoken Word Contest
Austin, TX – This August, 75 teams of poets will gather to rock the mic in the Texas heat as the National Poetry Slam (NPS) returns to Austin for the second straight year. In addition to the competitions, side events, and level of talent that have made NPS the premiere spoken word event in the world, this year’s national event will feature a new twist.
Five poets will compete for a $10,000 prize thanks to National Poetry Slam sponsor, Famecast.com.
Famecast.com is an artist discovery and entertainment community providing a nationwide, seasonal competition whereby an online audience determines tomorrow’s big stars. The FameCast online competition and community provides contestants the ability to connect with and grow a national audience and compete to become a 'FameCast Fēnom' and win a grand prize worth $10,000 and global exposure.
“We’re thrilled to be partnering with the National Poetry Slam as we launch our Spoken Word stage,” said Kent Savage, FameCast creator and CEO, “The world needs to know about the incredible work that happens at poetry slams.”
NPS 07 Artistic Director Mike Henry echoed Savage’s excitement about the partnership. “I like FameCast because it works on the same principles that have made Poetry Slam great. Anyone can play and the audience decides the winner.”
Participation in FameCast is indeed open to anyone. Artists simply register at the site for free, upload a video, complete their Backstage profile, and they are in the mix. From there, it works like a Poetry Slam. Based on responses from the online audience, the field of entrants is winnowed down in successive rounds until the top five vote-getters are brought to Austin to showcase at a late-night showcase during NPS, streamed live on FameCast. A final voting period follows and the winner receives $10,000.
“I’m thrilled to see FameCast step up and deliver that level of prize money to a spoken word artist,” explained Henry. “The National Poetry Slam and Poetry Slam, Inc. work hard to raise the level of exposure for poets and to show the world what we already know; these artists deserve the same recognition and exposure as bands, hip hop artists or pop stars. Companies like FameCast are here to help.”
FameCast’s nationwide competition to discover America’s next big stars adds six new stages in their second Season for a total of 12 FameCast Fēnoms and 12 grand prizes, each worth $10,000.
The complete list of the 12 Season Two stages include:
- Stage 1: Pop - The catch-all Stage for those that think their music can fly with the masses.
- Stage 2: Rock - The Stage for those with a heavier element. From Alternative to Classic.
- Stage 3: R&B - The Stage for those with some soul. Or some funk.
- Stage 4: Country - From Classic and Vintage to contemporary Country.
- Stage 5: Hip Hop - The Stage for big beats, rap and rhyme.
- Stage 6: Comedy - The Stage for you funny, stand-up types.
- Stage 7: Metal - The Stage for those who can bring on the head banging, sweat and noise.
- Stage 8: Spoken Word - The Stage for those looking for an open mic.
- Stage 9: Singer/Song Writer - The Stage for those who do it all. Write, compose, and sing.
- Stage 10: Dance - From break dancing to ballet. The stage for those who can move.
- Stage 11: Animation - Cartoons, Anime, Claymation, Computer Animation. This is the stage for you visual artists.
- Stage 12: Short Film - The Stage for the next Steven Spielberg or Quentin Tarantino.
“With a 12 stages crossing music, film and the performing arts, FameCast is providing a true entertainment community bringing together artists and fans of all walks of life and from every corner of the country. Season Two promises to be even more exciting and competitive than Season One,” said Savage.
Born in Austin, TX, the Live Music Capital of the World, FameCast is the first artist discovery and entertainment community providing a nationwide, seasonal competition whereby an online audience determines tomorrow’s big stars. Knowing that lack of exposure is what keeps some of our best artists in the shadows, we aim to shine the spotlight on those that have what it takes, but have lacked the breaks. For more information visit www.famecast.com.
|< Prev||Next >|