Silver City Slam 2010 Slam Team Selection Process -
Pretty much the same as in the past -
SCS holds open slams from August (after NPS) until May.
Points are awarded as follows:
1 point - host
1 point - sacrifice/sorbet
1 point - slamming in the first round.
you can also receive a one time
bonus point for one of the following:
keeping score, keeping time, UMP at a bout, W&YI participation, assisting in a Youth Slam event.
you may only receive one bonus point - if you keep score one night, then keep time the next slam, you still only earn one bonus point
you may not receive more than one point for any one event - for example, you can sacrifice and keep score at the same slam, but you can only earn one point for the night.
In order to earn your Slamming in the first round point, you must stay until the end of the round and be present at the cut. If you advance to the next round, you must complete that round to claim your point. If you advance to the third round, you must also complete that round in order to claim your point. In other words, you have to commit to the slam until you are cut. If you walk out or leave for some reason, you loose your point. 1st 2nd and 3rd place do not earn any extra points - just bragging rights.
To qualify for the Grand Slam - Top Eight point earners from the season qualify for the Grand Slam. There is a 2 point minimum. You cannot earn more than one point at any single event so all qualifiers must have participated in at least two events.
- Grand Slam is three rounds, cumulative score for all three rounds.
- Winner of the Grand Slam is our City Champ and IWPS rep
- Top Four NPS eligible poets will make the NPS Team.
- Team Members must sign a Team Contract within 3 days of earning their spot on the team.
- The NPS team can, by consensus vote, add the fifth placed eligible poet to the team.
- Openings on the team roll down to the next eligible finisher in the Grand Slam.
- If an opening occurs on a 5 member team, the team can elect not to replace the fifth member.(consensus vote)