1. Shopping with my girls in Madison was a DREAM. I found so much unique and cheap stuff at some of the most fabulous little places I have ever been to in life. L O V E D that little button place.
2. The variety and quality of food all along State Street (and at the hotel) was right on point.
3. The venues were all beautiful and varied. I adored how different the MMOCA was from the Comedy Club and the Brink from the Overture and all the different semi-final and finals bout venues within the Overture. MARVELOUS!!
4. The POETS.
5. The POETS.
6. The POETS. (I can't say this enough because you guys are my family and I can't wait to see ya'll EVERY SINGLE YEAR)
7. Dido on the Nerd Slam. This would actually have been my first time and I was completely entranced. Have already pulled Robbie Q aside about bringing this fantabulous sideshow to Women of the World Poetry Slam next March.
8. The Tattler. This newsworthy little circular should be dangling from my hotel door along with the local paper. I was more juicy inside bits along with incriminating photos!!
9. The after-party at the Nitty Gritty. At first, I was like "HELL NO! I can't move, I can't breathe and could it be hotter!?!" But then someone (I will never know who) pulled me onto the dance floor and breathing became unnecessary.
10. Emily Rose. My new girlfriend for life. My scoring committee partner in crime. Where in the hell does that woman get all that energy? I think we could bottle it up and sell it on Ebay.
I love you guys!!